Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wish for the GOOD


Tomorrow is Dong Zhi, which translates as Winter Solstice.

As I mentioned before in my previous post, it is a big day for the typical Chinese family, because the whole family have a reunion and children will have to eat Tang Yuan, in terms of “EARNING” one more year of life.

However, the flooding is getting worse. I don’t expect the chinese families here will be able to have their colourful reunion dinner and the eating of the Tang Yuan, because the water doesn’t want to leave and there is more to come.


I really hope the water will recede soon. It's so tiring to talk about it.

Lets talk something funny. I lost my car’s number plate today. Now finally I understand the reason why there are so many cars on the road without number plates.

I wasn't even aware that it was lost, until I found out it had been swept away by the WATER whilst I was driving in the flood area. Interesting. So I will have to pay RM 12 (US 3.30) to replace it.

Tag: , , , , , , , .

6 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger narrowband said...

I heard about the number plate problem too. I've a friend who suffered the same problem. In Perlis.

 Edit Comment
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about the plate number you had lost.

nice yummy Tang Yuen~!

 Edit Comment
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Chen said...

very colourful tang yuan...

I remember previously after I drove through the flooded area (around 30 - 40 cm in height)..
and on arrival back home, I noticed my car's number plate was broken .. :(

 Edit Comment
At 11:50 PM, Blogger New Journey said...

narrowband and Chen: it seem I am not the only victim, LOL

canony: enjoy yourself

 Edit Comment
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 Edit Comment
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home