Monday, January 09, 2006

EW Pasta

The Pasta looking good.

What is EW? I mean East and West lor.

Since I just came back from Italy, I bought some nice local Pasta with me back to Malaysia, so I must cook and eat, right?

Hehehe, I have a reputation for being a food adventurer; I am willing to try most of the food (not included wild animal, OKAY!!!) and I like to experiment new foods, like mix and match my clothes, I used to mix and match my food.

So with the Pasta I had bought from Italy, I was having my “east meet west” dinner, where I cook the Pasta with oriental ingredients.

Firstly, I cooked the Pasta in boiling water as usual, and then I stir the Pasta with Chinese sesame oil instead of olive oil, smells and tastes better.

Secondly, I cut the Bak Gua (barbecued meat in red color) into slices, and added some anchovies before putting them into the microwave for a minute, after that I poured the whole thing into the Pasta, stir it well before you start your meal.

Easy to cook and not oily at all, just like cooking a pack of instant noodle, but the Pasta with my EW style is healthier and taste better, I am loving it, Finger licking good (wonder McDonald or KFC will ask me to pay for the copyright!) LOL

Tag: , , , , .

5 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Travel Italy said...

Ciao - I would think that your pasta is really good. I would use Olive oil instead of sesame but that is my culture. The meat fish mix is widely used in Italian cooking, one of my favorites is vitello tonnato (veal cutlets with a tunafish sauce).

David

 Edit Comment
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Pe.tra said...

I use also olive oil (healthier),since I'm trying to keep the
Fat's at low....

You can really cook..

Have any tips for vegetarian food?

Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Have a great day..

^.^

 Edit Comment
At 1:41 AM, Blogger New Journey said...

David: I used sesame oil to create an oriental taste to the food, normally I will cook pasta with tomato sauce and tuna with olive oil.

Peety: I will try to find out something about the recipe for vegetarian food, perhaps I might try it myself ^_^

 Edit Comment
At 3:57 AM, Blogger boo_licious said...

I love fusion pasta - thanks for the great tips. Will give this a try one day.

 Edit Comment
At 7:20 PM, Blogger New Journey said...

no problem, and thanks to mention me again in your blog ^_^

 Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home