Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Puri Fever

An Indian chef is cooking the Puris.

I like food, as I always mention about food in my blog.

Not because I was born in the food paradise and worked as a food critic before, just like the old Chinese believes that food and sex have the same orgasm, mmmmm chocolate is the best example, LOL.

In Malaysia, due to the country's colourful culture and ethnic backgrounds, we are lucky enough to have variety cuisines.

For this time, I want to share something about Indian cuisine, have you ever hear about PURI? I tried to search in Google with the keyword of “Puri + Food”, there are 567,000 results, and surprisingly there are also many of the recipes that teach you how to cook Puri, interesting.

Puri is also served with difference curries like the other breads.

As from the result I got from Google, there is a website translated Puri as Crispy Indian Snack, but I suppose Puri is a members of the family of Indian breads, which is authentically Punjabi.

Atta flour is used to make Puri. The dough to make Puri is similar to that of the Chapatti, only less moist. Chickpea curry is usually served along with hot Puris, and it is also often served with Hindu vegetarian meals.

Tag: ,,.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miammmmm! Puri is delightful!!!
All these spicey delights are my absolute favorite "sometime food".
Sometime food: 'Sometimes' I get too skinny and 'sometimes' need to gain a few pounds, quick.
(Sorry to say this, for those who have opposite problem.)

 Edit Comment
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Duo Lin 多琳 said...

read your blog is a very suffer thing 4 me, always show the super-duper yummy food ,cos can see,can't eat .... :(

 Edit Comment
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home